Thousands of victims have been suffering horrible persecutions from abuses and tortures of remote electromagnetic mind control technologies and voice to skull technologies. Some victims were tortured to be death or driven to be crazy; some victims were controlled to be bad. Most of them could not get strong evidences to prove that they have been horrible tortured and harassed by remote electromagnetic mind control technologies.

Only few victims have facts and evidences to prove that they have been tortured and harassed by remote electromagnetic mind control technologies. I am one of them.

The Fact and evidence of abuses and tortures of mind control technologies:

I was controlled by remote Voice to Skull technologies and remote electromagnetic Mind Control technologies, and I was brought inside US Embassy in Hong Kong

(https://peacepink.ning.com/profiles/blogs/kidnapped-by-mind-control  )

Book Twelve Years in the Grave - Mind Control with Electromagnetic Spectrums, the Invisible Modern Concentration Camp”, authored by Soleilmavis Liu, provides the sound facts and evidence about the secret abuse and torture with remote voice-to-skull and electromagnetic mind control technologies.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/soleilmavis

I urge USA government to investigate mind control torture immediatly according to the facts and evidences.
I know those victims, who have passed away, did wish me to win my lawsuits. My victory also will bring them justice.
I have collected those victims stories (even it was only a small partial of all victims' stories)

Please go to "Replies to this Discussion" to read more victims stories

(I have collected many reported articles which introduced 'mind control technologies'. The listing of these articles will not mislead readers; it is a short cut for readers to learn what mind control technologies are.

https://peacepink.ning.com/forum/topics/introduce-mind-control-and )

Note from Soleilmavis:
“Voices” which victims heard:

Many victims who have been suffering from the abuses and tortures of remote voice to skull tech and remote electromagnetic mind control technologies, have complainted that they had heard "voices" in their heads.

The basic technology which can send voices directly to the brain remotly are V2K.

In 2002, the Air Force Research Laboratory patented precisely such a technology: using microwaves to send words into someone's head.V2K (voice to skull)https://peacepink.ning.com/forum/topics/introduce-v2k-voice-to-skull

1)
A lot of victims heard “voices” came from nearby, or from neighbors’ houses.

Victims must understand that they did hear the "voices." The “voices” which victim “heard”, were not the scopes of human hearing the sonic frequency range 20-20000HZ. Torturers emitted electromagnetic waves (or other microwave) to the brain to stimulate the auditory brain neurons, the brain “felt” the signals, the brain “heard” the “voices”.

2) 
Many of the victims claimed that they had "hallucinations voices"; sometimes the person next to them did not speak, but victims heard he/she speaking.

Victims did not have "hallucinations voices". Victims did hear the "voices", but the “voices” did not come from the next person. The “voices” were from the torturers. Torturers emitted electromagnetic signals to the brain to stimulate the brain and neuron systems; the "brains" "heard" the "voices."

3)
Many of the victims claimed that they even had heard "the voices" sounded like their friends and relatives.

The “voices” that the brain heard, were “electromagnetic signals”. Voice Synthesis Technology had been developed to the stage that anyone’s voice could be imitated. Torturers could easily transmit synthesized voice into the human brain with electromagnetic waves. The "voices" could imitate anyone's voices. These “voices” could sound as if they come from upstairs neighbor or nearby houses; or come from some houses.

Some doubts of some victims

(1)     Doubt 1: how can Torturers send sounds (or voices) and images into the victim's brain?

Microwave technology has been able to do that.

(2) Doubt 2: Victims can hear "the voices" which sounded like a friend or a neighbor.

Torturers can use Voice Synthesis technology to imitate anyone’s voices and easily transmit synthesized voices into the human brain by electromagnetic waves.

(3) Doubt 3: Torturers can force sleeping victims to "have a lot of dreams" by electromagnetic waves transmitting into the brain.

The development of the film has let us see the superb image synthesis technology. Torturers can transmit synthesized images into the brain by electromagnetic waves.

(4) Doubt 4: How can torturers lock a certain target with their microwave weapons?

Some technologies, such as dolphins echo technique can easily do that.

(5) Doubt 5: Many of the victims often referred some colleagues or friends or other people who had uttered small conflicts with them when they described their stories.

These victims thought those who had contradictions with them would have used such advanced technologies to torture and abuse them.

Some victims also mentioned some wrongs they had ever done. They thought that a certain government department would have used such advanced technologies to torture and abuse them because of such minor faults. 

Torturers deliberately created and fed such delusions, so that victims might believe that those who had ever uttered little contradictories with them had involved in the persecuting.  Torturers purposely made victims isolated. Torturers purposely made victims not be themselves.

(6) Doubt 6: Why can torturers attack victims no matter where victims are---in the airplane, underground, under water…..?

Electromagnetic waves have wide applications in many fields, Such as electromagnetic geological exploration, satellites geological exploration, and others.

As the extensive uses of the electromagnetic waves in these areas, we know the electromagnetic technologies in the military areas are far more advanced than in the field of civilian aspects.  Electromagnetic waves are able to detect the brain waves remotely.

It is possible nowadays to read someone's mind by remotely measuring their brain activity, researchers have shown. This technique can even extract information from individuals that they are unaware of themselves.

( https://peacepink.ning.com/forum/topics/information-about-mind-reading  )

Please go to LAST PAGE OF "Replies to this Discussion" to read NEWEST Information

You need to be a member of Peacepink3 to add comments!

Join Peacepink3

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I also wonder why my mind can't shut off these voiced. If there is any help to stop psychotronic psychophysical torture artificial telepathy mind control  & the internal/external voices, i would like it. I have written to the European court of human rights, MCmail team to seek an end to this torture. If you can help i can be contacted via Peacepink  -  CM 

• Scott, if u are able to, could u pls share the article where u read that? Nothing is mentioned in the swedish press about this strangely enough, since they have obviously recruited a swedish medical (psychiatrist?) person doing the "interview" with the man in the video. By the way, and not relevant maybe, but she sounds as if she is reading him a childish fairytale or talking to a child or a person who is retarded... 

I am probably jumping into totally wrong conclusions here, but when having experienced what we have, nothing is really impossible anymore is it? And downloading a brain, a mind of a person is possible today, that we know, even if I am not much for general conspiracy theories overall, that is facts that can actually be read about in science articles.(even if they of course put it on other words and are using lab rats as their referencies) In terms of conventional medical science and theories, I dont believe a person with memory lost all of a sudden can speak fluent swedish even with an accent from a small town in Sweden..perhaps it can be a braininjury/tumour, but even durining such conditions, a person dont switch to another native spoken language just like that, it has to be there, stored in brain to be able to do such a thing, and when speaking with no american accent what so ever, the language (swedish) has to be learned in childhood, to be able to speak so flawless as he does in the video. It would be interesting however, hearing him speak english and if its just as flawless.

• Bad news: there are another one of the  Chinese victims of "mind control" committed suicide.

Born in 1984, died in March 2013. Victims of mind control to call him, his father answered the phone and tell the painful news: Cheng Hui has Heyao the died.

So far, known committed suicide Chinese victims of "mind control" are: Liu Hua Ming of Liu Qing, Zhang Zong Chao. Fujian WU Qiao Yan, left a suicide note and then no message.

Strictly speaking, they are not suicide, but "mind control torture" persecuted to death. They are not suicide, but murder.
    After that, I about his blog, online tombstone, my entire blog was hacked, not open.
    The dead is dead, the dead rest in peace. Paradise is not mind control, heaven is no longer painful.
    Living strong, turn grief into strength and continue to expose the crimes against humanity super offense!

I have a dream, the world of "mind control" victims unite to to initiate collective appeal to the United Nations.We can not wait any longer.All work together.

生于1984年,死于2013年3月。是脑控受害者给他打电话,他父亲接的电话,告诉了这个沉痛的消息:程辉已经喝药去世。在今年三月。2月份,他都还曾与我QQ联系,询问第三次脑控座谈会的消息。他也想去。

程辉的爸爸和我通电话了。他说,他了解程辉说的脑控,也相信他。并答应带他去北京国安部(那里有亲戚什么的)。程辉当时还挺高兴的。估计也是2月多的事。那时他还问我第三次脑控座谈会什么时候召开,他也要去。然后,她妈妈就打电话通知他,程辉不行了。程辉被抢救时,告诉医生自己是误食了农药。
    但是医生家人都不相信。那么大个敌敌畏瓶子,那么浓的味道,喝了那么多,怎么会是误食呢?程辉去世前最后一刻,相当后悔。对这个世界,非常恋恋不舍。他们估计,是他一时受到刺激喝下的农药(除了脑控加剧了折磨又会是什么)。他的爸爸,马上去询问当地国安局的局长。 
    他的话,就像做梦一样,令我无法相信,也不敢相信---居然会如此残忍黑暗!他越说越悲哀。程辉,是他们的独生子。而自己两老都60岁了。还要白发人送黑发人。他们花了很久的时间,才平静下来。希望我们不要再给他打电话,破坏他们好不容易才恢复的平静。还鼓励我要坚强。社会就有这么黑暗。我非常感动。
    我向他承诺,我一定会活着继续揭露这个“高科技远程入侵大脑”的罪行。唤起全世界的关注。唯独要求各国公开这个秘密技术和秘密实验,接受人们的监督,立法不再伤害迫害人类。全球泛滥看不见的阴谋,才得以阻止。这不是一个人的灾难,而是全人类的灾难。我有他的短信截图和电话录音。以上信息绝对属实。

到目前为止,已知自杀死亡的中国“脑控”受害者,分别是:刘华茗之,柳青,张宗超。还有福建的吴巧妍,留下遗书后再无消息。
    严格的说,他们不是自杀的,而是被“脑控折磨”迫害死的。他们不是死于自杀,而是谋杀。

之后,我的关于他的博文,网上墓碑,我的整个博客,被黑客攻陷,打不开了。

死者已逝,死者安息。天堂没有脑控,天堂不再痛苦。
     生者坚强,化悲痛为力量,继续揭露这个反人类超级罪行! 

• Middleton band Project Aura talk pyromania and mind control ahead of Manchester gig launch of debut EP

PLAYING WITH FIRE: Project Aura

Posted Friday, February 15, 2013 - 05:50

By Andrew Bardsley

http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/15028644-middleton-band-proje...

Explosions, fire and aeroplanes, it's all in a day's work for Middleton band Project Aura.

The four-piece are not afraid to make a big statement with their music videos, having previously attracted the attention of the police during filming.

The band created a spectacular video to accompany their track 'Gone', which featured Pete Townshend style axe wielding destruction and enough explosions to make Guy Fawkes blush.

Lead singer Jonny Henstock explains: "The owner of a local garage got really worried when we started blowing things up and setting things on fire, and he phoned the police."

Drummer Ollie Felton finds their intrepid projects an exhilarating experience.

"It is really exciting, it gives the band a new lease of life, not only relying on people coming to gigs but people also might stumble on the video online," he said.

The group will mark the release of their debut EP 'Echoes' with a launch gig at Manchester's Dry Bar on Bank Holiday Sunday, March 31.

Guitarist Rick Keen, who couldn't make MM's interview, may find himself the subject of another outrageous video stunt if Jonny has his way.

"We are thinking of strapping Rick onto a plane 20,000 feet up in the air and wing walking like Karl Pilkington on Idiot Abroad with a camera in front of his face", the 23-year-old said.

"We haven't told him about this yet though!"

Bassist Simon Berry completes the line-up, and represents the latest addition to an often adjusted band make up.

Jonny and Rick started the group back in April 2008, playing in local venues and some of Manchester's well known pubs and clubs, supporting indie stalwarts such as Hot Club de Paris and Hundred Reasons.

Ollie joined the ranks in October 2010 and Simon followed suit the year after.

Their most high profile gigs have been playing to thousands at Albert Square for the Manchester Christmas lights switch on in 2010 and 2011 – alongside pop sensations Tinchy Stryder and Nicola Roberts.

Despite their festive colleagues not being the sort of acts you would associate with the rock four-piece, they found the opportunity an amazing experience, if a little intimidating at first.

"First time we did it we were terrified, we only found out we were playing the night before", Jonny explains.

"We played a gig in Blackley and someone from Manchester City Council was there, and they just asked us if we would like to play because they liked our stuff."

Ollie says: "Jonny rang me up at about 1am and asked if we fancied playing a gig tomorrow night. The next year we almost thought it was normal."

The band may be better known by some as Aura, as they changed their name to Project Aura fairly recently.

Jonny said: "We found that it was a quite generic name, and after doing some reading about mind control and project paperclip in the US, I had the word project on the brain!"

Like Muse, Jonny and co. are clearly interested in the odd conspiracy theory or two, and venturing into the excesses of the CIA post World War Two.

And after returning with a new identity, the band have collected eight songs to form their first proper EP, in contrast to their previous one off recordings.

Ollie said: "The EP launch gig is almost the return of the band, we have not played for a while other than odd gigs, and we are really looking forward to it."

The track list consists of five new compositions, including two older songs, Abandon Host and Fading Memories, and a cover of 'Everybody's Talkin', which was a global hit for American singer Harry Nilsson in 1969.

"The EP is pretty diverse, I think you could split it in two, there is some really strange stuff in there, some cheesy bass like Hanson’s MMMBop, and some Austin Powers style 90’s guitar", Jonny said.

If that doesn't scare you off, then free copies of the EP will be given out at the launch night at Dry Bar on Oldham Street, with tickets priced at £5.

For more information, visit Project Aura's Facebook page www.facebook.com/projectaura or their YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/user/projectAURAmusic?feature=mhum

• Cathy O’Brien is one of the most well known MK Ultra whistleblowers and this year she will be making a few rare appearances, both on radio and in person, to discuss her first hand experience with the MK Ultra project and an even deeper history of occult abuse. ~
    http://truthfrequencyradio.com/the-bob-tuskin-show-2/

• They gave me LSD too. Worst experience.

Olsen was not just an experiment. They murdered him and for a reason. I could look that up.

• Family sues U.S. over death of Cold War scientist who was drugged in CIA mind-control test

By Frederic J. Frommer, The Associated PressNovember 28, 2012

WASHINGTON - The sons of a Cold War scientist who plunged to his death in 1953 several days after unwittingly taking LSD in a CIA mind-control experiment sued the government Wednesday. They claimed the CIA murdered their father, Frank Olson, by pushing him from a 13th-story window of a hotel — not, as the CIA says, that he jumped to his death.

Sons Eric and Nils Olson of Maryland sought unspecified compensatory damages in the lawsuit filed in federal court, but their lawyer, Scott D. Gilbert, said they also want to see a broad range of documents related to Olson's death and other matters that they say the CIA has withheld from them since the death.

Olson was a bioweapons expert at Fort Detrick, the Army's biological weapons research centre in Maryland. Their lawsuit claims the CIA killed Olson when he developed misgivings after witnessing extreme interrogations in which they allege the CIA committed murder using biological agents Olson had developed.

The CIA had a program in the 1950s and '60s called MK-ULTRA, which involved brainwashing and administering experimental drugs like LSD to unsuspecting individuals. The project was investigated by Congress in the 1970s.

Olson consumed a drink laced with LSD by CIA agents on Nov. 19, 1953, the suit says. Later that month, after being taken to New York City purportedly for a "psychiatric" consultation, Olson plunged to his death.

At the time — when Eric and Nils Olson were 9 and 5 years old, respectively — the CIA said he died in an accident and did not divulge to his family that Olsen had been given LSD.

But in 1975, a commission headed by Vice-President Nelson Rockefeller released a report on CIA abuses that included a reference to an Army scientist who had jumped from a New York hotel days after being slipped LSD in 1953. Family members threatened to sue, but President Gerald Ford invited the family to the White House, assuring them they would be given all the government's information. CIA Director William Colby handed over documents and the family accepted a $750,000 settlement to avert a lawsuit.

In an email, CIA spokeswoman Jennifer Youngblood said that while the agency doesn't comment on matters before U.S. courts, "CIA activities related to MK-ULTRA have been thoroughly investigated over the years, and the agency co-operated with each of those investigations." She noted that tens of thousands of pages related to the program have been released to the public.

In a statement, Eric Olson said that the CIA has not given a complete picture of what happened to his father.

"The evidence shows that our father was killed in their custody," he said. "They have lied to us ever since, withholding documents and information, and changing their story when convenient."

•       Go to http://www.proliberty.com/observer/20060401.htm to see how knowledge of modern scientific human rights abuses is getting around.

• Former CIA agent claims the military poisoned his family at Camp Stanley — and used national security concerns to cover it up

http://sacurrent.com/news/former-cia-agent-claims-the-military-pois...

Photo: Courtesy photos, License: N/A

Courtesy photos

The Shipp children outside Camp Stanley.

Photo: N/A, License: N/A

Courtesy photos

Decontamination crew at the Shipp’s house, 2001.

Photo: N/A, License: N/A

Courtesy photos

The ugly side effects surfaced soon after Kevin Shipp transferred in 1999 from CIA headquarters in Langley, Va., to Camp Stanley, the sprawling U.S. Army weapons depot just north of San Antonio. His now ex-wife, Lorena Shipp, suddenly began to suffer near-constant migraines. Rapidly increasing bouts of confusion and short-term memory loss were so severe the family feared she was bordering on dementia. “I thought she was dying,” Kevin Shipp said in a recent interview with the Current.

Son Joel Shipp, then 17, and his two younger siblings battled nosebleeds, strange rashes, bleeding gums, and frequent vomiting, as well as emergency-room trips for breathing difficulties. A doctor later noted Joel’s immune system had been ravaged.

The Shipps claim that for two years, between the summers of 1999 and 2001, the government housed them in an Army-owned home infested with a variety of bacteria and mold — including the so-called “black” mold Stachybotrys — leading to a rash of illness that would plague the family for years to come. But what started as a simple personal injury lawsuit against the government spun out of control, according to veteran CIA officer Kevin Shipp, sparking a years-long battle with the federal government that reads like spy novel: mysterious illness, shadowy surveillance, and a government cover-up that destroyed a marriage and career.

After years of wrangling in secret, the Shipps claim the government swayed a federal judge to quash the family’s case against it, saying the need to protect government secrets trumped the family’s right to a day in court.

Kevin Shipp speaks in circles, shackled by a strict confidentiality agreement he signed years ago with his former employer, the CIA. He vaguely references the “agency” he worked for between 1999 and 2001, unable to discuss where he was posted or what he was tasked with.

Shipp joined the agency in 1985, at one time serving on the protective detail for the CIA director, working out of the agency’s headquarters both before and after his family’s time at Camp Stanley.

Bexar County district court records from a separate insurance lawsuit Shipp filed in 2001 confirm he and the family lived at Camp Stanley a decade ago, though Shipp is blocked from saying why, or even if, he was there. He speaks only of the “facility” where the health problems started, and how, in his mind, agency officials abused the so-called  state secrets privilege, a tool the government can use to dismiss court cases related to national security and sidestep judicial oversight, to cover up their own carelessness.

“What happened to my family, it was absolutely horrible. … I watched my kids get injured, and instead of facing up to it the government chose to cover it up,” he said.

Details on Shipp’s assignment at Camp Stanley are sketchy — both Joel and Lorena Shipp, who confirmed the family’s stay on base in separate interviews with the Current, say only that he was stationed there to uncover security breaches. Joel recalls a Camp Stanley commander urging the family to live on base due to his father’s “high-ranking position.”

Camp Stanley has for decades operated as a weapons storage depot for the U.S. Army, and Joel and Lorena Shipp both recall seeing large bunkers and Soviet-era weaponry. Both claim they witnessed Army officials burning or burying such items on site. And the family’s home itself, Joel claimed, was built near an ammunitions dump. “I remember my little brother and I got a metal detector for Christmas, and went out back and dug up all kinds of crazy stuff — from U.S. Army buttons all the way to old ammunition shells. … We finally found one that was mustard gas.”

For the past two decades, Camp Stanley has, like many aging military outposts, struggled to scrub away its toxic footprint. Officials in 1991 found that remnants of chemical solvents dumped for years on base had leeched into the underground aquifer, spurring a large-scale monitoring and cleanup program.

“We probably share a lot of the common traits that a lot of military hazardous waste sites have,” said Jim Cannizzo, environmental attorney for Camp Stanley, Fort Sam Houston, and Camp Bullis. “Decades and decades ago, they dumped the kind of stuff we wouldn’t dream of dumping now.”

But by 2001, officials found that some contamination had started to migrate under nearby homes off base, and the Army began distributing drinking water to nearby residents. “That’s when they really stepped in to high gear — we’ve become very heavily regulated now,” said Cannizzo, citing an EPA corrective action order that requires the Army identify and clean contamination on and off base. Cannizzo expects the order to stay in effect until 2020.

The Army, he says, now spends roughly $2 million annually on cleanup on and off site, testing 44 off-base wells monitoring for volatile organic compounds and chemicals like TCE and PCE under the nearby neighborhood. The most recent tests from last year show that only two small plumes reach off-base on the west and southwest corners of the installation, and neither effect residential drinking water, Cannizzo said. The contaminated water is so deep underground, any concern over hazardous off-gassing into nearby homes is unfounded, he claimed. Camp Stanley officials also contest the Shipps’ claims that onsite contamination caused their health problems, or that Joel and his two younger siblings ever discovered remnants of weaponry in or around their backyard. “We heard about that, there are so many things wrong factually. … In all of our sites in Camp Stanley, we’ve never had any chemical weapons found at all, ever,” Cannizzo said.

“They talk about a landfill near their house. Well, their house is on bedrock,” Cannizzo said, adding that a dump never would have been built near the base’s residential area. “We’re aware of those claims, and there’s so much wrong with it we’re not going to comment on it.”

The Shipps, however, are talking. According to them, it was after only three months on the base that the youngest child, Bobby, came running into his parent’s bedroom, blood streaming from his nose. For Joel, the nosebleeds started two days later. Lorena’s soon followed. Mysterious bruises and rashes began to appear all over Lorena’s body, and the debilitating headaches hit next — her memory began to deteriorate soon thereafter, Joel says. There were regular complaints of lightheadedness and a frequent burning sensation in their lungs.

Next to his mother, Joel was hit the hardest. After Joel’s parent’s sent him off to a local immunologist for a battery of tests, the doctor warned the parents their son could be HIV positive, prompting an uncomfortable father-son sex talk, Joel said. Further tests showed it wasn’t HIV, however. Another subsequent report shows Joel suffered from liver damage, while another noted that the family’s youngest, Bobby, showed “signs of possible neurological impairment.”

“Those reports all warned of toxic mold exposure. … We all knew something must be going on inside that house,” Lorena said. A doctor assessing the family’s range of symptoms urged them to pack up and leave immediately, according to a January 2001 report.

Joel and Lorena Shipp both recount the long, drawn-out struggle to get officials to seriously consider contamination, saying that claims they filed on base were routinely ignored. Eventually the family began to clash with base officials. Lorena says the family discovered that a black substance had spread virtually all throughout their house — into crawl spaces, behind bedroom wall panels and ceiling tiles, and into bedroom closets. Base officials not only refused to run an array of requested tests, but an outside company Lorena contacted for an independent assessment never showed. “I called and asked why. They said somebody from the base had called and cancelled it,” she said.

After numerous requests for an environmental assessment of the house, officials from Fort Sam Houston finally stopped by to check it out, Lorena says. “I remember, one of the guys saw what was inside and said, ‘Oh my gosh, every house on this base needs to be tested’,” Lorena said. She was shocked when within 24 hours officials claimed the tests showed nothing out of the ordinary.

Suspecting a cover-up, Kevin Shipp sent a variety of samples from the home to Texas Tech University professor and scientist David Straus, whose subsequent report notes high concentrations of various types of mold growing in and around the house, including Aspergillus flavus, which, according to his report, “produces the mycotoxin aflatoxin which is a known and potent carcinogen.”

Soon life on base grew even stranger, Joel recalls, saying he and his parents grew increasingly paranoid. Wanting an outside medical screening, Joel says he and his father took a last-minute, late-night flight to Arizona to see a specialist for another round of medical tests in early 2001. “The doctor told my father, ‘It seems like your son’s immune system was exposed to a burst of radiation.’ It was that bad,” Joel said.

Soon afterward, the Shipps claim base officials began to closely monitor the family. Mysterious figures began following Joel to and back from high school. Lorena says base officials who were called to testify in their separate Bexar County insurance claim lawsuit later said they were ordered to destroy documents related to contamination and repairs on the Shipps’ house. Court records show a number of base officials testified in the insurance case, but transcripts of the testimony were not readily available.   Further fueling suspicions, the Shipps claim some of the guards on base told the family they were ordered to conduct surveillance, at times spying on the family from the nearby woods.

The family was eventually evacuated from the home, and a decontamination team in hazmat suits emptied the house, destroying most of the family’s belongings, Lorena said. “The only thing we were really left with was the clothes on our back,” said Joel.

After leaving the base, the Shipps sued the federal government (though they used pseudonyms due to a gag order the government placed on the entire family). The government was so tight-lipped that a copy of gag order itself was even kept secret from the family for months. When the family’s lawyer finally persuaded a judge to release it, the vast majority was redacted and illegible.

Kevin Shipp said he quit the CIA soon after moving back to Langley in 2002, noting that his relationship with the agency had become increasingly combative. In the end, the agency was looking for ways to squeeze him out, he said. When the family’s belongings were destroyed with the house, the CIA agreed to pay for the family’s lodging expenses elsewhere... and then reneged on the deal and  accused the family of stealing from the agency.

A federal judge eventually ordered the family and the CIA into mediation, and by 2003 the two parties struck, and signed, an agreement awarding Joel Shipp $175,000, and Lorena and Kevin Shipp $225,000, in exchange for their silence. The settlement also called for an official letter of apology from the U.S. government “for the events that gave rise to this matter.”

“We all went back to the house, we had dinner, and we thought it was over, you know? Closure,” said Joel.

Two days later, the family’s attorney called saying the government had reneged. “They basically said that they wouldn’t settle at that amount, and if we did not accept $100,000 total for everybody, then they’re going to shut us down for national security reasons and we’ll never speak of this again,” Joel said.

“That was an outrage for me,” said Kevin Shipp, “essentially blackmailing us to take a lower settlement.”

When the family tried to take the case to court, the Justice Department stepped in, according to the family, invoking state secrets. “There’s nothing classified about us being sick, that has nothing to do with national security,” Lorena said. “That is, unless there’s something that made us sick we don’t know about that they refuse to tell us.”

Lorena still lives in northern Virginia, while ex-husband Kevin has since moved to Georgia. Joel lives with his fiancée and newborn daughter in Florida. Lorena, Kevin, and Joel have all been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder since leaving Camp Stanley, and Joel continues to suffer from immune system deficiencies. “There’s been a lot of depression. It ended up causing my father to drink, and medically, physically and mentally, it took our lives,” Joel said. “It took my father’s pension, it took all our belongings, my family eventually had to file for bankruptcy.”

“My oldest son [Joel] is still suffering, his immune system is still shot. … I’m afraid it ruined his life,” Kevin said. Fed up with years of silence, Kevin recently drafted his own memoir, hoping to tell the story with a litany of unclassified documents he collected throughout the ordeal. Those documents include the medical reports detailing his family’s suffering, photographs and reports from the decontamination company, reports on mold inside the home, and emotional 2001 journal entries by his son Joel. When he submitted it to the CIA for the mandatory review, he says, the agency redacted almost all of it.

“It looked like they took a can of black spray paint to it, just blacked the whole thing out. … Things that are certainly not classified, things related to my family’s illness.” Blocked from taking the case to court and silenced, Kevin had hoped the book would bring some kind of closure. The agency’s response made him all the more angry.

“They injured my family, they basically tried to blackmail us,” he said.  Most of all, he claims, “They abused the national security privilege to do it.” •

This reply was deleted.