Peacepink

Worldwide Campaign to stop the Abuse and Torture of Mind Control/DEWs

"Stein and Stein, the law firm , and a class action lawsuit."

Stein and Stein, the law firm

The firms website is http://steinandstein.com/

MK Ultra & McGill University in Montreal (April 12, 2007)

Alan Stein is a lawyer representing Janine Houard, a Montreal victim of the CIA's MK Ultra experiments in the 1960s. He is seeking a class action lawsuit against the Government of Canada for victims.
http://archive.org/details/alanstein041207

More information on the firm, one of the last cases they won against the CIA for mind control experiments on 277 people, and info on the suit is at http://endingeh.weebly.com/attorney-representation.html

Alan, the head of the firm, is representing us, he knows of the case as the greg gamache brain reading suit. his contact information is at the firms webpage

We have a total of 20 people in the suit so far, each giving money to the firm,
we have a total of 25 percent of the money we need to hire them so far, a total of 25k needed

take a look at the suit info at the link above, at the firm website listed, contact alan stein of stein and stein

if you would like to contribute to the firm, and/or contact other victims for them to do so also,
let me know, send me an email to mothership010@yahoo.com "greg"
or go ahead and send the money to alan , and let him know to include you in the plaintiffs in the greg gamache brain reading case

Montrealer collects compensation for CIA brainwashing

Janine Huard to drop class-action suit in exchange for compensation

Last Updated:  Wednesday, July  4, 2007 | 12:11 PM ET

A Montreal senior who survived Cold War-era brainwashing experiments picked up a cheque for compensation from the federal government on Tuesday.

Janine Huard, 79, accepted an offer to end her class-action lawsuit against the federal government, which jointly funded the experiments with the Central Intelligence Agency.

The terms of the settlement are confidential, but Huard says it will allow her to live out her days in peace, with some peace of mind.

"I was really so exhausted from fighting for so many years," Huard told the Canadian Press in an interview.

"I don't think it's enough after having been hurt so much, and my kids and family … but at least justice has been done a little bit."

Huard was a young mother of four suffering from post-partum depression when she checked herself into McGill's renowned Allen Memorial Institute in 1950.

On and off for the next 15 years, she was one of hundreds of patients of Dr. Ewan Cameron subjected to experimental treatments that included massive electroshock therapy, experimental pills and LSD.

The patients were induced into comas and exposed to repetitive messages for days on end to brainwash them.

Cameron pioneered a technique called psychic driving, which he believed could erase harmful memories and rebuild psyches without psychiatric defect.

The idea intrigued the CIA, which recruited him to experiment with mind control beginning in 1950.

Until 1964, Cameron conducted a range of experiments at the McGill institute, often without the knowledge or the permission of his patients.

The experiments were part of a larger CIA program called MK-ULTRA, which saw LSD administered to U.S. prison inmates and patrons of brothels without their knowledge, according to testimony before a 1977 U.S. Senate committee.

Huard said the treatment left her unable to care for her children. She suffered memory loss and migraines for many years to come and had to have her mother move in with her.

Huard was one of nine Canadians who received nearly $67,000 US each from the CIA in 1988.

But her claim for compensation from the Canadian federal government was rejected three times. Only 77 former patients who were reduced to a childlike state received $100,000 payments.

Huard was seeking Federal Court approval for a class-action lawsuit on behalf of those potentially hundreds of other patients.

Earlier this year, a Federal Court judge rejected the federal government motion to dismiss the lawsuit.

Huard said the settlement money will allow her to live out her days as she always wanted.

"I'm moving to a peaceful place to see nice scenery, near the country," she said. "I want to finish my days like that.

"I will try to forget all that because it's too painful."

The settlement ends Huard's class-action lawsuit on behalf of all patients but her lawyer, Alan Stein, says a class-action will go ahead in the future under another patient's name.

"It was a miscarriage of justice. There's no doubt about it," Stein said. "It won't be the end, believe me, because I feel the other people should be compensated as well, [people] whose claims were denied."

Stein said he's been contacted by about 30 other former patients of Cameron.

Views: 1757

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear all:

Take a look at how international human right organizations deal with torture case. Let's go back to the right path.

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/uploads/documents/doc_20726.pdf

Take a look at "Opening statement by Mr. Attorney General of Canada regarding dealing with one torture case".

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true...

You know I asked one of Greg's supporters, on this thread last week, to please lead us to a weblink that could verify Alan Stein being connected to any of the victims of the Canadian MKUltra

She disappeared from continuing this conversation after I asked her if it was possible for her to

provide a link or links to any websites that could verify that Alan Stein had ever won a case against MKUltra.

As far as I can tell, Alan Stein was not a major player in the suit(s)  Perhaps he might have argued a point during an apellee process, but I cannot find where he was the actual appointed attorney of record for any of the original Canadian MKUltra victims who got compensation ($100,000 each)

Can anyone point us to any weblinks that can verify how involved Alan Stein was in one or more of the Canadian suits????   ANYBODY  ??

It has not been established what expertise Alan Stein contributed as it pertains to a Canadaian winning a MKUltra suit.   And how one goes about picking a lawyer has relevance to this thread   Because choosing a lawyer that has no chance to help us is wasting victim's money

This statement below keeps getting repeated without us knowing whether it is fact or not.  So to be using it as a reasoning of an acceptance without knowing if it is an actual fact or not just might have a tendenacy to lead others  to accept something as fact if it gets repeated often enough

I used to heard  that Alan Stein had ever win a case to against CIA MKULTRA

Soleilmavis said:

I do believe that Greg is a real victim,

I do believe that he had been working hard to try to fight with secret mind control weapons abuses and tortures.

I do believe that he had contacted Alan Stein.

I do believe that Alan stein said something about that he would like to help.  And Alan Stein might ask evidences from Greg. and he also told Greg about the fees USD2.5k for him to take such a case.

I used to heard  that Alan Stein had ever win a case to against CIA MKULTRA

This was a great hope for Greg too.

But the whole thing went worse was because Alan Stein did not give any written agreement or memo, and Greg spread information about Alan would representing him, but could not give any evidence, this make so many victims could not believe and could not support. Some of them had to contact with Stein and Stein to confirm such matter.

When other members of the Stein and Stein , Neil Stein saw such information on Greg's website, he warned to take law action.

And the way Greg sending information to Victims, making a lot of them feel that it was a harassing.

I hope at least in our website, we stop to fight each other. 

Greg still  keep his membership in our site, but wish he stop messaging other victims. He can work better with his own blog, everyone who like to join him, they can go to read all his blog.

Others, please also stop spread information about Greg to this website.  to everywhere. 

Thanks for cooperating.

Canada class action lawuits

Lawsuits

January 10, 2007

Montreal woman seeks class-action approval over brainwashing experiments

MONTREAL (CP) - Patients were put in isolation, tied down or drugged, and subjected to hours and hours of taped recordings meant to brainwash them.

They were subjected to massive electroshocks, experimental drugs and LSD, all at the behest of the CIA, a federal court was told on Wednesday. Now it's time for the federal government to compensate the hundreds of victims whose lives were damaged, argued lawyer Alan Stein.

Stein is seeking court approval for a class-action lawsuit on behalf of his client, Janine Huard, one of the hundreds of patients of Dr. Ewen Cameron to be subjected to the CIA experiments going back to the 1950s.

"Madame Huard was not only subject to electroshock treatments, to experimental drugs, to psychic driving, the government of Canada has refused her compensation, " Stein told the court.

"She never knew that she was being subjected to these experiments or that she was being used by Dr. Cameron and his staff as a guinea pig."

Cameron pioneered "psychic driving," by which he believed he could erase the memories of patients and rebuild their psyches without psychiatric defect.

The idea intrigued the CIA, which recruited Cameron to experiment with mind control techniques beginning in 1950. The McGill experiments were jointly funded by the CIA and the Canadian government.

The experiments were part of a larger CIA program called MK-ULTRA, which also saw LSD administered to U.S. prison inmates and patrons of brothels without their knowledge, according to testimony before a 1977 U.S. Senate committee.

The CIA eventually settled a class-action lawsuit by test subjects, including Huard, and the Canadian government ordered a judicial report into Cameron's experiments.

Lawyers for the federal government argue it's too late to proceed with a lawsuit, more than four decades after Cameron's death and more than a decade after the claims were rejected.

Huard, who will be 79 at the end of the month, was a patient of Cameron at McGill University's Allan Memorial Institute for more than a decade, beginning in 1951.

She was one of nine Canadian victims who received nearly US$67,000 from the CIA in 1988 to compensate her for her suffering.

But her claim for compensation from the federal government, which jointly funded the experiments, was rejected three times.

In 1994, 77 patients were awarded $100,000 each from the federal government but only those who suffered "total depatterning, " meaning they were rendered to childlike state.

More than 250 others were denied compensation because their treatment was less intense and had fewer long-term effects.

Then, in 2004, a federal appeal court overruled that decision and awarded a former patient the $100,000.

That decision prompted Huard's lawsuit.

Julius Grey, another of Huard's lawyers, said Huard suffered permanent consequences from the experiments.

She never abandoned the idea of seeking justice for what happened to her, her lawyers told the court, she simply didn't have the money to pursue legal action.

"It's unbelievable that this took place," Stein told the court.

But was this case won or was it dismissed????  

I went looking for the disposition of this case last month and I couldn't find

what happened to it in Federal Court nor could I find what happened to it

in a search engine    I just kept running across these articles and radio shows

which indicated case was going to be decided within a few days but

then I couldn't find any follow up stories which was strange

But I went thru about 20 plus search engine pages and it seemed

the case went cold (or dead)

Soleilmavis said:

Canada class action lawuits

Lawsuits

January 10, 2007

Montreal woman seeks class-action approval over brainwashing experiments

MONTREAL (CP) - Patients were put in isolation, tied down or drugged, and subjected to hours and hours of taped recordings meant to brainwash them.

They were subjected to massive electroshocks, experimental drugs and LSD, all at the behest of the CIA, a federal court was told on Wednesday. Now it's time for the federal government to compensate the hundreds of victims whose lives were damaged, argued lawyer Alan Stein.

Stein is seeking court approval for a class-action lawsuit on behalf of his client, Janine Huard, one of the hundreds of patients of Dr. Ewen Cameron to be subjected to the CIA experiments going back to the 1950s.

"Madame Huard was not only subject to electroshock treatments, to experimental drugs, to psychic driving, the government of Canada has refused her compensation, " Stein told the court.

"She never knew that she was being subjected to these experiments or that she was being used by Dr. Cameron and his staff as a guinea pig."

Cameron pioneered "psychic driving," by which he believed he could erase the memories of patients and rebuild their psyches without psychiatric defect.

The idea intrigued the CIA, which recruited Cameron to experiment with mind control techniques beginning in 1950. The McGill experiments were jointly funded by the CIA and the Canadian government.

The experiments were part of a larger CIA program called MK-ULTRA, which also saw LSD administered to U.S. prison inmates and patrons of brothels without their knowledge, according to testimony before a 1977 U.S. Senate committee.

The CIA eventually settled a class-action lawsuit by test subjects, including Huard, and the Canadian government ordered a judicial report into Cameron's experiments.

Lawyers for the federal government argue it's too late to proceed with a lawsuit, more than four decades after Cameron's death and more than a decade after the claims were rejected.

Huard, who will be 79 at the end of the month, was a patient of Cameron at McGill University's Allan Memorial Institute for more than a decade, beginning in 1951.

She was one of nine Canadian victims who received nearly US$67,000 from the CIA in 1988 to compensate her for her suffering.

But her claim for compensation from the federal government, which jointly funded the experiments, was rejected three times.

In 1994, 77 patients were awarded $100,000 each from the federal government but only those who suffered "total depatterning, " meaning they were rendered to childlike state.

More than 250 others were denied compensation because their treatment was less intense and had fewer long-term effects.

Then, in 2004, a federal appeal court overruled that decision and awarded a former patient the $100,000.

That decision prompted Huard's lawsuit.

Julius Grey, another of Huard's lawyers, said Huard suffered permanent consequences from the experiments.

She never abandoned the idea of seeking justice for what happened to her, her lawyers told the court, she simply didn't have the money to pursue legal action.

"It's unbelievable that this took place," Stein told the court.

Just saying she won the 2007 case, well their has to be proof somewhere to back it up

or else we really don't know whether this is a fact or a myth

It has to be in the Canadians court system somewhere of something referencing this 2007 case

franko said:

They did win the case, it looks like the government perps are taking down the links because they dont want to be sued again. This can happen again if all the T.I.s sue in a class action lawsuit, just have to find the right lawyers.

It doesnt look like anybody is doing anything, greg was one of the few that were.

I do not want to put my evidence on line as I have them in my computer and are still chatting in my mind, I do have some facts that I need a real investigator to meet me and the Attorney General of Mpls,Mn. There is a lady named Lita Otto that claims she was torotured for fears then it stopped for 2 years, the exact same time I did not hear nothing, and she has alot of phone's that scares me, and her voice I believe is still screaming inmy head, now you tell these idiots on hear that tomorrow is to late, lets deal with it as citizens who do have the law on our side, otherwise the law tells me it's ok to do what ever I want to anyone, which is 100% not the truth, some of these people who just came on line are from I believe in Mpls,as I have seen one of them following me at a local grocery store last week and months prior. So if this web site is not what I thought it was, tells me there is a lot of innocent people screaming to the perpurtrators the same thing. I believe in justice and for all. Now I have lost my possessions, and my job, and home and husband, and kids, why should I wate anymore, would you >?

Soleilmavis said:

I have deleted a lot of posts which were out of topic.

We are not discussing here whether Greg or others are real or false victim,  We are here discussing how to get lawsuit; or if previous stein and stein lawsuit is a chance, how we get start.

I wish everyone focus their message on :

(1)  Will Stein and Stein help victims with their lawsuit?  If anyone say they will help victims, please show the evidences, by attaching letters or any draft memo.

(2)  What materials Stein and Stein requires for them to start  their work?

(3) If we do need to donate money for such a lawsuit, We need to know what expect results that Stein and Stein can win for victims?

(4) If Stein and Stein do requires evidences, What kind of evidences do they need?

(5) How can victims get evidences?

ONe thing , when I type info to you or others, someone is changing my info as I type,    WHAT IS STALKING??????????????

http://www.cba.org/ClassActions/Search/ClassActions_Search/Search/d...

This Canadian Class Action database does not have info on cases earlier than 1996.

I believe all Alan Stein did for Mme Huard was to show the judge she was wrongfully denied as a class action member from the 1994 case because of a misapplication of the law. She was then successfully included in 2007 and received settlement money without having to go through trial.

But, Alan Stein said to a reporter at that time to the effect that he was SEEKING approval from the court for a new class action lawsuit naming a different person as lead plaintiff than the 1994 case.  

dboots said:

Just saying she won the 2007 case, well their has to be proof somewhere to back it up

It has to be in the Canadians court system somewhere of something referencing this 2007 case

franko said:

They did win the case, it looks like the government perps are taking down the links because they dont want to be sued again. This can happen again if all the T.I.s sue in a class action lawsuit, just have to find the right lawyers.

It doesnt look like anybody is doing anything, greg was one of the few that were.

Thanks Kelp for bringing new light on this case!

Well when I put in Huard/Houard name it gave me "your search results returned 0 items

This Canadian Class Action database does not have info on cases earlier than 1996.

If she was successfully included then their should of been a reference in the database to a 2007 case, right??

Do you have anything else at this time other than a "but said to a reporter" concerning an event from 2007???

But, Alan Stein said to a reporter at that time to the effect that he was SEEKING approval from the court for a new class action lawsuit naming a different person as lead plaintiff than the 1994 case.  

KELP said:

I believe all Alan Stein did for Mme Huard was to show the judge she was wrongfully denied as a class action member from the 1994 case because of a misapplication of the law. She was then successfully included in 2007 and received settlement money without having to go through trial.

dboots said:

franko said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2007/07/04/qc-brainwas...

This article shows she got settlement money from the CIA in a 1988 class action.

Then, it appears what she got settlement money for in 2007 was a demand of the Canadian Government for which she was excluded from in the 1994 action and she dropped her 2007 demand (where Alan Stein had argued the misapplication of the law issue on her behalf) in exchange for the 100,000 (settlement).

(And so everyone's on track, a settlement is not a court case win , it's just a settlement...it's defendant choosing the most economical protection by paying money to the plaintiff in lieu of a trial. A trial is the win or lose situation decided by judge or jury. Defendants commonly choose to settle after examining their chances of winning on merits of the case and when they find them to be slim to none, and that trial would be more costly.)

And Alan Stein is mentioned in respect to another class action with a different plaintiff being named. There's another article that states he's seeking approval, which seems to be more accurate because a class action suit cannot go forward without court approval.

"... but her lawyer, Alan Stein, says a class-action will go ahead in the future under another patient's name."

I wish I would go to the courthouse up there and look up those cases, and see if Alan Stein has filed for this different class action suit.  Maybe someone up that way can find the time to do that.

Dear all:

Please talk to stein and stein or other human right lawyers with the letters to me from Mr. Attorney General of Canada.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Monita Choi posted blog posts
58 minutes ago
Charlotte D. Wooster is now a member of Peacepink
5 hours ago
Sue replied to Stephen O' Neill's discussion The Iraqi Dinar
"Stephen you can delete it yoireelf. Just go to the top of the page and click the "add" button then follow."
5 hours ago
Martti Koski commented on H's group Finland
"Outi, nyt se keskustelu oli tullut takaisin. Minusta se oli joitakin tunteja  häviksissä."
7 hours ago
Gretta Fahey posted blog posts
7 hours ago
Stephen O' Neill replied to Stephen O' Neill's discussion The Iraqi Dinar
"ADMIN , can you please DELETE this thread I started, as in the whole thing , I no longer recommend TI's buy Iraqi Dinar, I made a bad judgement so can you delete the whole thread plaese?"
8 hours ago
Robin Yan replied to Stephen O' Neill's discussion The Iraqi Dinar
"Please forward to them by fax, not only for me, thanks. UNUN Human RightsUN Human Rights CouncilInternational Bar AssociationInternational Criminal CourtCanadian Government 14 years ago, Canadian lawyer said to me: " You have nowhere to go if…"
8 hours ago
Robin Yan commented on Robin Yan's event International Bar Association
"Please forward to them by fax, not only for me, thanks. UNUN Human RightsUN Human Rights CouncilInternational Bar AssociationInternational Criminal CourtCanadian Government 14 years ago, Canadian lawyer said to me: " You have nowhere to go if…"
8 hours ago

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Soleilmavis.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service