Stein and Stein, the law firm

The firms website is http://steinandstein.com/

MK Ultra & McGill University in Montreal (April 12, 2007)

Alan Stein is a lawyer representing Janine Houard, a Montreal victim of the CIA's MK Ultra experiments in the 1960s. He is seeking a class action lawsuit against the Government of Canada for victims.
http://archive.org/details/alanstein041207

More information on the firm, one of the last cases they won against the CIA for mind control experiments on 277 people, and info on the suit is at http://endingeh.weebly.com/attorney-representation.html

Alan, the head of the firm, is representing us, he knows of the case as the greg gamache brain reading suit. his contact information is at the firms webpage

We have a total of 20 people in the suit so far, each giving money to the firm,
we have a total of 25 percent of the money we need to hire them so far, a total of 25k needed

take a look at the suit info at the link above, at the firm website listed, contact alan stein of stein and stein

if you would like to contribute to the firm, and/or contact other victims for them to do so also,
let me know, send me an email to mothership010@yahoo.com "greg"
or go ahead and send the money to alan , and let him know to include you in the plaintiffs in the greg gamache brain reading case

Montrealer collects compensation for CIA brainwashing

Janine Huard to drop class-action suit in exchange for compensation

Last Updated:  Wednesday, July  4, 2007 | 12:11 PM ET

A Montreal senior who survived Cold War-era brainwashing experiments picked up a cheque for compensation from the federal government on Tuesday.

Janine Huard, 79, accepted an offer to end her class-action lawsuit against the federal government, which jointly funded the experiments with the Central Intelligence Agency.

The terms of the settlement are confidential, but Huard says it will allow her to live out her days in peace, with some peace of mind.

"I was really so exhausted from fighting for so many years," Huard told the Canadian Press in an interview.

"I don't think it's enough after having been hurt so much, and my kids and family … but at least justice has been done a little bit."

Huard was a young mother of four suffering from post-partum depression when she checked herself into McGill's renowned Allen Memorial Institute in 1950.

On and off for the next 15 years, she was one of hundreds of patients of Dr. Ewan Cameron subjected to experimental treatments that included massive electroshock therapy, experimental pills and LSD.

The patients were induced into comas and exposed to repetitive messages for days on end to brainwash them.

Cameron pioneered a technique called psychic driving, which he believed could erase harmful memories and rebuild psyches without psychiatric defect.

The idea intrigued the CIA, which recruited him to experiment with mind control beginning in 1950.

Until 1964, Cameron conducted a range of experiments at the McGill institute, often without the knowledge or the permission of his patients.

The experiments were part of a larger CIA program called MK-ULTRA, which saw LSD administered to U.S. prison inmates and patrons of brothels without their knowledge, according to testimony before a 1977 U.S. Senate committee.

Huard said the treatment left her unable to care for her children. She suffered memory loss and migraines for many years to come and had to have her mother move in with her.

Huard was one of nine Canadians who received nearly $67,000 US each from the CIA in 1988.

But her claim for compensation from the Canadian federal government was rejected three times. Only 77 former patients who were reduced to a childlike state received $100,000 payments.

Huard was seeking Federal Court approval for a class-action lawsuit on behalf of those potentially hundreds of other patients.

Earlier this year, a Federal Court judge rejected the federal government motion to dismiss the lawsuit.

Huard said the settlement money will allow her to live out her days as she always wanted.

"I'm moving to a peaceful place to see nice scenery, near the country," she said. "I want to finish my days like that.

"I will try to forget all that because it's too painful."

The settlement ends Huard's class-action lawsuit on behalf of all patients but her lawyer, Alan Stein, says a class-action will go ahead in the future under another patient's name.

"It was a miscarriage of justice. There's no doubt about it," Stein said. "It won't be the end, believe me, because I feel the other people should be compensated as well, [people] whose claims were denied."

Stein said he's been contacted by about 30 other former patients of Cameron.

You need to be a member of Peacepink3 to add comments!

Join Peacepink3

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• GREG is a piece of shit and a liar don't deal with this asshole hes scammed many ti's already

•    they don't have to shred any documents nowadays   They have secure encryption codes that only those

with the unlocking source key can open the file, otherwise it is unidentifiable or the code on top is a generic

file that they can hide files within that file    They can hide documents within images of bitmaps

But yes I worry about the fact they outsiders nor oversight committees have assess to those unidentifiable

documents in which the data gathering they are doing on us as victims stays secure and encrypted from

prying eyes and to others the file is gibberish or it is innocent imagery of files hidden within 

•  

Yes, so true....and confidentiality can apply even to the settlement amount, the person's medical records and the government can claim anything as secret so they won't be exposed (and have to shred documents to protect their hind ends). 

Do you wonder how many documents and hard drives they shred these days without any outsiders or gov't oversight committees seeing? I think about that.  

• Thanks would appreciate it

But again Stein's cases, I really am unsure if they can help us  because he isn't going into cases to prove the event's took place, That has already been established in Canada    But if some new procedure(s) or perhaps different forms of experimenting comes out of what Dr Cameron might of been experimenting that is within the Canadian MKUltra documents that is not in any of the US's MKUltra documents that haven't been destroyed, well that

might open a new door if that form of cases are won at trial of deserve to be compensated

He seems to be going after them on technically's of it has been proven that these previous people were wronged, then these other people should be compensated on the same grounds because these others were also harmed by the same institution of McGill Univ, and most likely it has already been established they were patients of Dr Cameron during that time frame and that they deserve to be compensated in some manner. 

And as you pointed out before, if the cases get settled and don't go to trial we learn nothing new because they make them sign the confidentialty forms

KELP said:

I haven't seen any newer articles, but if I come across one, I'll post it.

In the mean time we can all keep checking the Canada approved class actions search site. That's a handy little thing. Glad I found it. 

• I haven't seen any newer articles, but if I come across one, I'll post it.

In the mean time we can all keep checking the Canada approved class actions search site. That's a handy little thing. Glad I found it. 

•   Well thank you for the link but unfortunately this link only fast forwards us to July 2007   Any additional

action beyond what is in this article???   Anything from 2008, 2009, 2010 or perhaps 2011 of any other class action lawsuit moving forward connected to Stein??   But it isn't likely that Stein's cases can have much impact on us unless the cases are not settled and indeed do go forward to a trial.  

Alan Stein is most likely arguing what applies of settlement to one, applies to others

and those others "their names are in documents associated with McGill Univ n Dr Cameron.  A doctor, who in documents has been associated with the CIA's MKUltra programs".  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2007/07/04/qc-brainwas...

The settlement ends Huard's class-action lawsuit on behalf of all patients but her lawyer, Alan Stein, says a class-action will go ahead in the future under another patient's name.

"It was a miscarriage of justice. There's no doubt about it," Stein said. "It won't be the end, believe me, because I feel the other people should be compensated as well, [people] whose claims were denied."

Stein said he's been contacted by about 30 other former patients of Cameron.

• Dear all:

Please talk to stein and stein or other human right lawyers with the letters to me from Mr. Attorney General of Canada.

1485675693?profile=original1485675802?profile=original

•  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2007/07/04/qc-brainwas...

This article shows she got settlement money from the CIA in a 1988 class action.

Then, it appears what she got settlement money for in 2007 was a demand of the Canadian Government for which she was excluded from in the 1994 action and she dropped her 2007 demand (where Alan Stein had argued the misapplication of the law issue on her behalf) in exchange for the 100,000 (settlement).

(And so everyone's on track, a settlement is not a court case win , it's just a settlement...it's defendant choosing the most economical protection by paying money to the plaintiff in lieu of a trial. A trial is the win or lose situation decided by judge or jury. Defendants commonly choose to settle after examining their chances of winning on merits of the case and when they find them to be slim to none, and that trial would be more costly.)

And Alan Stein is mentioned in respect to another class action with a different plaintiff being named. There's another article that states he's seeking approval, which seems to be more accurate because a class action suit cannot go forward without court approval.

"... but her lawyer, Alan Stein, says a class-action will go ahead in the future under another patient's name."

I wish I would go to the courthouse up there and look up those cases, and see if Alan Stein has filed for this different class action suit.  Maybe someone up that way can find the time to do that.
  • Well when I put in Huard/Houard name it gave me "your search results returned 0 items

http://www.cba.org/ClassActions/Search/ClassActions_Search/Search/d...

This Canadian Class Action database does not have info on cases earlier than 1996.

If she was successfully included then their should of been a reference in the database to a 2007 case, right??

Do you have anything else at this time other than a "but said to a reporter" concerning an event from 2007???

But, Alan Stein said to a reporter at that time to the effect that he was SEEKING approval from the court for a new class action lawsuit naming a different person as lead plaintiff than the 1994 case.  

KELP said:

http://www.cba.org/ClassActions/Search/ClassActions_Search/Search/d...

This Canadian Class Action database does not have info on cases earlier than 1996.

I believe all Alan Stein did for Mme Huard was to show the judge she was wrongfully denied as a class action member from the 1994 case because of a misapplication of the law. She was then successfully included in 2007 and received settlement money without having to go through trial.

But, Alan Stein said to a reporter at that time to the effect that he was SEEKING approval from the court for a new class action lawsuit naming a different person as lead plaintiff than the 1994 case.  

dboots said:

Just saying she won the 2007 case, well their has to be proof somewhere to back it up

or else we really don't know whether this is a fact or a myth

It has to be in the Canadians court system somewhere of something referencing this 2007 case

franko said:

They did win the case, it looks like the government perps are taking down the links because they dont want to be sued again. This can happen again if all the T.I.s sue in a class action lawsuit, just have to find the right lawyers.

It doesnt look like anybody is doing anything, greg was one of the few that were.

She was one of nine Canadian victims who received nearly US$67,000 from the CIA in 1988 to compensate her for her suffering.

In 1994, 77 patients were awarded $100,000 each from the federal government but only those who suffered "total depatterning, " meaning they were rendered to childlike state.

More than 250 others were denied compensation because their treatment was less intense and had fewer long-term effects.

Then, in 2004, a federal appeal court overruled that decision and awarded a former patient the $100,000.

• Thanks Kelp for bringing new light on this case!
This reply was deleted.